Anna Baranowska-RatajResearch Fellow Výskumné oblasti:
- youth labor market integration, female labour supply, fertility consequences
Anna Baranowska-Rataj is a research fellow at Department of Sociology at Umeå University and an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Statistics and Demography, Warsaw School of Economics. Her current research interests concern youth labour market integration as well as the impact of family size on the well-being of the family members, with focus on parents’ labour market chances and child well-being. She is also interested in econometric methods of causal inference.
Most recent publications:
- Baranowska-Rataj A. (2014) “Decomposition of trends in non-marital childbearing in Poland”, Population 69(2): 269–284.
- Mynarska M., Baranowska-Rataj A., Matysiak A., (2014) “Free to stay, free to leave: Insights from Poland into the meaning of cohabitation”, Demographic Research 31 (36).
- Baranowska-Rataj, A. (2013) “What Would Your Parents Say?: The Impact of Cohabitation Among Young People on Their Relationships with Their Parents”, Journal of Happiness Studies 15(6).
- Baranowska-Rataj, A., Matysiak, A., Mynarska, M. (2013) “Does Lone Motherhood Decrease Women’s Happiness?: Evidence from Qualitative and Quantitative Research”, Journal of Happiness Studies 15(6).
- Gebel M., Baranowska-Rataj A. (2012) “New inequalities through privatization and marketization?: An analysis of labour market entry of higher education graduates in Poland and Ukraine”, European Sociological Review, 28(6).
- Baranowska-Rataj A., Unt M. (2012) “Is it worth becoming an engineer in Central and Eastern Europe?: The evidence from Poland and Estonia”, European Sociological Review, 28(6).
- Baranowska-Rataj A. (2012) “Trash contracts? The impact of temporary employment on leaving the parental home in Poland” Studia Demograficzne 158(1).
- Baranowska A. Matysiak A. (2011) “Does parenthood increase happiness? Evidence for Poland”, Vienna Yearbook of Population Research.
- Baranowska A. Gebel M., Kotowska I.E. (2011). “The role of fixed-term contracts at labour market entry in Poland: Stepping stones, screening devices, traps or search subsidies?” Work, Employment and Society 25(4).
- Baranowska A. Gebel M. (2010). “The Determinants Of Youth Temporary Employment In The Enlarged Europe. Do labour market institutions matter?” European Societies 12(3).