2022 - 2024
This project has received financial support from the Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion
- To quantify the wage-setting arenas in EU27 by performing quantitative analyses.
- To determine to what extent how collective bargaining agreements (CBAs) in nine EU countries (AT, BG, CZ, EE, ES, IT, FR, NL, PT) set wage levels and wage increases and whether patterns by industry and bargaining level can be identified per country.
- To determine which arenas are important for wage setting in industries across nine EU countries in cases where wages are not set by pay scale tables in CBAs.
- To determine for which workers pay scales included in CBAs set wages in industries across nine EU countries in cases where wages are by pay scale tables in CBAs.
- To determine to what extent are wages set through collective bargaining, broken down by country, industry and bargaining level and can the four wage-setting arenas be quantified for nine EU countries.
The lead partner of the project is the Utrecht University in Netherlands.